Irina B. KOROTKINA – Cand. Sci. (Education), Assoc. Prof., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy; Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences, Moscow, Russia.
Address: 82, Prospect Vernadskogo, Building 2, Moscow, 119571, Russian Federation
Abstract. Russian universities are now involved into a severe competition for university rankings with a special ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING фокус on academics publishing in international journals. The directive demand from the government meets the understandable response in terms of quantification, which does not reflect the quality of published research, nor does it foster pursuit for such quality. Establishing writing centers in leading universities seems to help solve the problem on ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING the qualitative basis. However, to implement the policy aimed at raising the quality of research papers, Russia needs more than local, optional institutions or even a volunteer association of writing centers, such as the newly established Russian Consortium. To be taken seriously by governmental bodies and the academic community ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING, academic writing ought to be introduced as a discipline taught at all levels of education. The concept of an interuniversity writing center, based on the financial support from universities is considered to be the most appropriate decision at the initial stage of the development of academic writing, for it ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING will unite Russian experts and enable them to work openly and independently for the whole nation, and not only for a particular institution.
Keywords: academic writing, writing center, “road map”, publication activity, ‘ranking rush’
Cite as: Korotkina, I.B. (2017). [On “Road Maps”, the ‘Ranking Rush” and ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING Academic Writing]. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii [Higher Education in Russia]. No. 1 (208), pp. ХХ-ХХ. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
1. Korotkina, I.B. (2016). [Limitations of the US Writing Center Model in Russia]. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii =Higher Education in Russia. No. 8-9, pp. 56-65. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
2. Konnov, V., Repina, M. (2015). [Evolution ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING of University Management Models from “Studium Generale” to ‘Entrepreneurial University”]. Mezhdunarodnye Protsessy = International Trends. Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 35-47. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
3. Radaev, V.V. (2010). [Five Principles of Construction of the New University]. Pro et Contra. May-June, pp. 6-18. (In Russ.)
4. Kirillova, O., Dimentov, А. (2013). [Scopus Citation Index: Journal Selection ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING Criteria and Russian Economic Periodicals Selection Prospects].Vestnik finansovogo Universiteta = Herald of the Financial University. No. 4, pp. 90-107. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
5. Yudkevich, М.М. Reitingovaya likhoradka: kak universitetskoy kadrovoy politike ustoyat protiv reitingovogo virusa? Plenary speech at the 2nd National Conference «Kadrovye rezervy universitetov» [Cadre Resources of Universities ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING]. 13 October, 2016. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAMkBg-T-RmgIO63WBXhhP_Fc4H3U1r3O (In Russ.).
6. Igra v tsifir, ili kak teper' otsenivayut trud uchenogo [Games with Figures, or How Scientist’s Work Is Now Assessed. A Collection of Articles on Bibliometrics]. (2011). Moscow: Moskovsky Tsentr ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING Nepreryvnogo Matematicheskogo Obrazovaniya. (In Russ.)
7. Vozovikova, Т. (2013). Arshinom ne izmerish. Ucheniye dostoyny fundamental’noy otsenki svoyego truda [Can’t be Measured by Arshine. Scientists Deserve the Fundamental Estimation of Their Work]. Poisk [Search]. No. 44. (In Russ.)
8. Sukharev, O.S. (2014). [Dysfunction of Education and Science in Russia: The Path ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING to Overcome]. Natsionalnye Interesy: Prioritety i Bezopasnost = National Interests: Priorities and Security. No. 1 (238), pp. 2-17. (In Russ.)
9. [Road Map for the Competitiveness Enhancement Program of South Ural State University for 2016–2020 (1st stage 2016–2018)]. South Ural State University (National Research University). Available at: https://www.susu.ru/en/university/project-5-100/road-map
10. Framework ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING for Success in Postsecondary Writing. Council of Writing Program Administrators, National Council of Teachers of English, and National Writing Project. CWPA, NCTE, & NWP, 2011. Available at: http://wpacouncil.org/framework
11. Murray N., Kirton B. (2006). An Analysis of the Current Situation. S. Davies, D. Swinburne and G. Williams (Eds.). Writing ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING Matters: The Royal Literary Fund Report on Student Writing in Higher Education, London: The Royal Literary Fund, pp. 7-13.
The paper was submitted 29.11.16.
Accepted for publication…
О развитии дискуссии см. рубрику «Академическое письмо» в журнальчике «Высшее образование в России»: URL: http://www.vovr.ru/clubitr.html.
Постановление Правительства Рф от 16 марта ON “ROAD MAPS”, THE “RANKING RUSH” AND ACADEMIC WRITING 2013 г. № 211 «О мерах гос поддержки ведущих институтов Русской Федерации в целях увеличения их конкурентоспособности посреди ведущих глобальных научно-образовательных центров». URL: минобрнауки.рф/документы/3208